Comm Arts II. Below the fold I’ve pasted in a sample abstract of the sort you’re supposed to turn in on Friday. It’s not perfect, but I hope it demonstrates what my paper will be about and what is at stake in its argument. Here’s the abstract:
What do you think? Does this proposed project meet the basic criteria for a good intervention in the local public sphere?
Other Pathways to Animal Liberation: Tom Regan and Tzachi Zamir
Abstract
In Animal Liberation, Peter Singer bases his arguments not on the notion of animal rights but on the principle of equality and the rejection of speciesism. Because of the tremendous controversy over our treatment of nonhuman animals, it is important to understand that Singer’s utilitarianism is not the only way to defend animal liberation. Even if Singer’s opponents were to prove him wrong, they would still have to contend with other animal-liberationist arguments. In this paper I will compare and contrast Singer’s work to that of two philosophers who take different routes to the same animal-liberationist end: Tom Regan, who argues that nonhuman animals do indeed have rights, and Tzachi Zamir, who argues that animal liberation is consistent with speciesism.
P.S. Yes, I'm really going to write this paper. I try not to ask my students to do anything I don’t do. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.
Monday, February 2
Posted by
David Mazel
at
7:13 AM
Categories: Communication Arts II
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Seems clear enough to me. Do you plan to write along with us for all the papers we're required to write this semester?
--Jia_Mekare
Seems clear to me. I like that there are still some professors that will do the papers that the students are required to do as well, it makes it more worth actually writing.
I think this abstract was a great example. Without it I would never have done mine right. I also think that it is only fair that the professor write the same papers the students are asked to write.
I think two different views on the same thing is good for a comparison with a view from both sides. doing a paper with the class is a novel idea it can be helpful to students that would like to see a professional paper geared toward our subject.art is fun..
Your abstract was a really good example and I think it was a very effective way to demonstrate exatly what you wanted. I think its awesome that you think its right to do what you assign as well. I agree 100% with it and think it helps motivate us. I wrote a paper in high school about that I'll have to show you.
I feel that its good for us to look at what you think or have to say about the topics we are writing on. your abstract brings up a good argument.
JKAL
your abstract was a good exapmple to help me get the idea of what to write about thanks. :)
ulead gif animator trial crack
spellforce breath of winter no cd crack
skyscape crack 2005
coffeecup direct ftp 6.2 crack
sisoftware sandra professional 2005 keygen
photoshop elements 3 download crack
zone alarm crack codes
password recovery toolkit 5.21a crack
download norton ghost warez
championship euchre pro 6.04 crack
keygen coding workshop ringtone converter
textaloud 2.0 keygen
powerup xp platinum crack
chicks on crack
dvd x copy platinum 4038 crack
dr speed crack
ensim pro crack
realvnc keygen
flashget 1.60 crack
flash get 1.65 crack
autorun pro crack
river past audio converter 5.3.0 crack
fast break basketball crack
escape velocity nova crack mac
battleman crack
sonic cineplayer dvd crack
intervideo windvd4 crack
leadtools crack
how to crack a combination lock
endorphin keygen
zbrush 2.0 crack
cute reminder crack
htm2chm crack
Post a Comment